Want to make sure the suppository is “up” far enough? After you insert the suppository into your vagina, give yourself a good “kegel” squeeze. Your vaginal muscles will take the suppository right up where it should be AND you’ve now just done a great kegel.
The suppository "melts" from warmth and moisture. Be sure to keep the bottle in a cool dry place and wash and DRY hands thoroughly before handling each suppository. Insert into vagina quickly, the moisture and warmth from hands is enough to start the melting process if you're just casually holding onto it!
How to use the Vaginal Boric Acid Suppositories:
- Wash hands and nails well with soap and warm water before handling.
- You can insert these little capsules into your vagina with clean fingers (available for purchase with applicators). You don’t even have to lie down.
- It’s so easy!
- Use after sexual intercourse, menstruation cycle, or anytime your pH feels "off."
Our co-founder and OB/GYN Dr. Barb recommends the following doses and step-by-step instructions for her patients in accordance with the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) guidelines:
- For Yeast
- Acute (current infection): Insert 1 suppository capsule into vagina once daily for 2-3 weeks
- Prophylaxis (for women prone to yeast infections who want to prevent future infections): Insert 1 suppository capsule into vagina twice a week for 6 months
- For BV
- Acute (current infection): Insert 1 capsule into vagina once a day for 21 days
- Prophylaxis (to prevent): Insert 1 suppository capsule into vagina twice a week for 6 months
- We recommend wearing a liner for potential vaginal discharge – your body is cleansing itself.
- FOR VAGINAL USE ONLY. DO NOT TAKE BY MOUTH. IN CASE OF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION, CONTACT POISON CONTROL IMMEDIATELY AT 800-222-1222.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.