This article is for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should never be relied upon for specific medical advice.
Bacterial Vaginosis or BV is one type of vaginal inflammation which is common amongst women of any age but it is most likely to affect those in their reproductive years.
BV is a result of the "bad" vaginal bacteria exceeding the level of "good" vaginal bacteria and the symptoms can last for days or weeks depending on treatment or severity of the BV.
The overgrowth of "bad" vaginal bacteria can occur due to a number of reasons: sperm, sexual intercourse, douching, after your menstrual cycle, your diet, tampons, multiple partners, and/or inserting almost anything (not properly sanitized) into the vagina (yes dirty fingers, too!). Note that not every woman will have symptoms when these things occur, but those who do, tend to have abnormal looking discharges, bad or fishy odors, and vaginal itching. So how do you get rid of BV and the funky smell that comes with it for good?
1. Visit your OB/GYN to confirm the discharge and odor you're experiencing is indeed BV. These symptoms can show up in cases of STD's, or sexually transmitted diseases, too. If that's the case you will need to be treated appropriately for that. Don't let the issue linger or it could lead to problems down the line, including infertility.
2. If it is BV, your physician is likely to prescribe antibiotics to kill the bacteria in order to get them back down to healthy levels. However, antibiotics kill ALL bacteria, even the good ones that usually keep the bad bacteria in their place. And, antibiotics should not be used too often, as these bacteria can get used to antibiotics and find a way to become resistant to them, making it impossible to kill them unless you begin to use stronger and stronger doses of antibiotics. Whew! It’s a lot.
3. For a more permanent, and NATURAL way to get rid of BV for good use the Kushae Natural Boric Acid Suppositories for preventing or treating BV. In 2019, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (the folks who deliver babies and take care of women), recommended the usage of boric acid for BV.
4. Using Vaginal Boric Acid that is derived from seawater (like the Kushae brand) helps to rebalance your vaginal pH naturally and quickly! They are made with vegan and natural ingredients, don’t require an applicator, and have a no “goo”, no drip formula. Since they don’t drip, you can use them anywhere and at any time...no need to wait until bedtime to get rid of the BV once and for all!
5. Healthy pH levels keep BV, yeast infections, and other vaginal discomforts at bay. The Kushae Boric Acid Vaginal Suppositories also include probiotics, or good bacteria, which will help you maintain a health pH level, remove vaginal odor and help restore the good bacteria for better vaginal health. The aloe in the formula also helps to soothe irritation or burning sensations, helping you say goodbye to pesky BV for good.